Loading Map...


Written on: Thursday November 23rd, 2006

A journal entry from: Alkaloid Conference 2006

November 23rd
I am all packed and ready to go. We have decided to stay at my mom's place in kelowna tonight b/c I have to be at the airport at 5:30am tommorow. I didn't feel like having to get up at 3:30am to leave and drive an hour to the airport from Summerland. Mel came with me to drop me off at the airport tommorow morning. I spent most of today finishing up with business stuff in preparation for my week long stay in Atlanta. I have decided to checka single big suitcase. At first I was going to try to carry everything on but after realizing all the different types of electronics I had to bring. I thought twice about going through the check in with a bag half full of cloths and the other half full of what probably would look like to the authorities, piece of a home made bomb. Along with my cloths and bathroom stuff I have also brought:

  • 128mb video card for the lan party
  • Extra gig of ddr ram
  • 512mb ddr ram for Bryan's laptop
  • 2 wrt54gl's
  • 2 4dbi antennas
  • Busted up laptop with dead ide controller that boots a kubuntu live dvd
  • My psp and all its accessories.

I'm sure I will thank myself though when I arrive and find out that the computer I'll be gaming on has the same amount of hardware in it as my psp. Atleast I'll be able to tear most of the guts outta it and put in the ram and video card that I brought.

November 24th
Well its official. I have arrived in Atlanta after a long day of travelling. I just wanted to take a second to tell you about some of the experiences from the days travels. Firstly before we left Kelowna our plane had two mechanical malfunctions that resulted in the plane loosing all power. Pilot left us sitting in the dark for about 5 minutes before he came on the intercom and started explaining what was happening. He was using words like, "I think we have it fixed". I'm saying to myself "THINK" this is an airplane that is about to attempt to fly my ass to Vancouver. Luckily the flight to Vancouver went by without any other freak power failures with the plane.